Join Our Mail List
Tours and Parties
Schedule A Tour
Spring Pizza Tour
SC Farm History Tour
Dirt Is Fun Tour
Pumpkin Patch Tour
Pumpkin Playgroup Tour
Tomato Patch Tour
Guidelines for a Safe, Fun, and Educational Tour Experience
These guidelines have been compiled to ensure that you arrive at the farm prepared for your farm tour experience. Thompson Farm and Nursery is a working farm and observing these guidelines will help assure you of a safe, relaxed, and thoroughly enjoyable time.
1. Upon arrival to our farm, please follow signs and/or staff for parking. Please have the contact person greet one of our tour guides when you arrive. Please wait to unload your buses until you are instructed by your tour guide.
2. Please be on time and have payment ready. If your group is going to be late, please call 843-385-0426 and inform us. If your group is late, you may have to wait until an opening occurs.
3. Weather and cancellations: Please check weather conditions prior to leaving for tour and have your group dress accordingly. If the weather is questionable, please call 843-385-0426. We sometimes get rain on one part of our farm and not on others. Many of the activities we have scheduled are under covered areas and we have backup plans for rainy days. If we must cancel due to weather, we will make every effort to reschedule your tour. If you must cancel your tour for reasons other than the weather, please give us a two-week notice. Failure to notify us of your cancellation will result in a $20 charge.
4. Duration of tour: The approximate length of the tour is one hour. Groups larger than 100 people should plan on the tour lasting about 1½ hours.
5. Facilities: If your group would like to have a picnic lunch or snack, you are welcome to use our facilities which include picnic tables, restrooms, hand washing facilities and a play area.
6. Wear comfortable, flat-soled shoes. You will be walking through our fields, barns, and animal area.
7. All of our farm animals are on a specified restricted diet. Please do not bring food to feed them. We will supply appropriate animal food to use in the petting farm. For the safety of our animals, anyone that has traveled outside of the United States within five days of visiting our farm will not be allowed to enter the petting farm.
8. Before and after feeding the animals in our barn, everyone will be required to sanitize and or wash their hands with foam wash. Sanitizing stations are mounted on posts at the animal visiting area and wash stations near the picnic area. Additionally, after completing the hands-on activity (e.g. planting seeds, making scarecrows), everyone will be required to wash their hands with soap and water.
9. Food, bottles, pacifiers, cigars, cigarettes, and any other item that could be exposed to animals and placed near a person’s mouth will not be permitted in the animal area. Children should be instructed not to put their hands near their faces or mouths after feeding the animals until they have washed their hands.
10. We enjoy having chaperones accompany their children/grandchildren on their trip to our farm. Please inform chaperones prior to arrival that they will be charged for the tour. They will participate in all the activities and receive all the materials the tour supplies. We also have our General Store available for gardening supplies, unique gifts, seed packets, fresh herbs, greenhouse annuals, and old-fashioned candies and sodas that they may enjoy while visiting here.
11. Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture all the memories!
12. Under South Carolina law, there is no liability for an injury to or death of a participant in an agritourism activity conducted at this location if such injury or death results from the inherent risks of the agritourism activity. Inherent risks of the agritourism activities include, among others, risks of injury inherent to land, equipment, and animals, as well as the potential for you to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to your injury or death. You are assuming the risk of participating in this agritourism activity.
Thompson Farm and Nursery appreciates the opportunity to share the farming experience with you. Please remember that farming is our livelihood. Please respect our fields and facilities and stay within the areas designated by your tour guide.
Thompson Farm and Nursery, 1625 Bucksville Drive Conway, SC 29527 . 843.236.1400 | 843.236.0166 fx
© 2011 Thompson Farm /
Terms & Conditions
/ Powered by